Michael Vallen is hosting a rally at the Marietta House in Glenn Dale, Maryland the weekend of May 12-15. This year, there will be (limited) electric and water available! Events include a potluck dinner, a Wine Festival, and a catered meal. See the Rally Registration Form for more information!
April 12 2016 | Rallies | No Comments »
WDCU Capitol Kickoff Maintenance Rally
April 21-24, 2016
Bull Run Regional Park (BRRP) Campground
7700 Bull Run Drive, Centreville, VA 20121
(Off U.S. I-66, near Manassas, VA)
Co-Hosts: John DiBella and Linda Moore
Campground Reservations: You can reserve campsites by calling the park directly: (703) 631-0550.
Tell them you are part of the “WDCU Airstream group.” I reserved site #2. The fee varies with location and hook-ups. Campground Map: https://www.nvrpa.org/park/bull_run/content/camp_map
Theme: Members Helping Members
- Maintenance work will be on Friday and Saturday (April 22 & 23.)
- Friday morning: We will lead an open round-table discussion focusing on maintenance.
- Let John DiBella know ahead of time, if possible, what problems or concerns you have with your Airstream. Experienced members can advise or help you repair most problem areas. You should have basic tools and spare or replacement parts. There is an RV service center and an RV dealer not far away in Manassas.
- Bring your gently used Airstream and RV surplus and spare parts that you would like to sell or trade.
- What we plan to cover:
- Propane – supply tanks, regulators, leaks, fittings and proper operation of appliances;
- Electrical – battery check, appliances, power jacks, breakaway switch, lighting and all connections;
- Cleaning and Lubrication -wheels, locks, door hinges, awnings, rubber gaskets & seals, all moving parts and replace filters, etc.;
- Safety – proper hitch set-up, torque of mounting bolts and ball and wheel nuts, breaks, and break controller;
- Checklists – for Trailer Maintenance, Hitching, Towing Safely, Water Tanks, Winterizing and De-winterizing
Food: A continental breakfast will be served Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday night will be potluck. This is a good opportunity to practice you Dutch oven cooking on Friday (and probably Saturday) as well. Saturday, roast chicken will be provided, so please bring a side dish or dessert to share. Meals will be in the Pavilion. The pavilion will be rented for Thursday evening, all day Friday and Saturday and Sunday morning.
Your WDCU officers for the upcoming year.
December 01 2015 | News and Rallies | No Comments »
WDCU Website administration contact
Should you want anything added to the website, please contact Tom Waugh – firstname.lastname@example.org or RJ Marquette – email@example.com
October 19 2015 | Uncategorized | No Comments »
The newest News and Views from WBCCI!
October 27 2014 | WBCCI | No Comments »
It’s time to renew your dues for the year. If you want to pay online, you can now pay via Paypal – just click on the Join Us/Renew link above! Note that Paypal charges fees, so we charge extra if you want to pay this way ($69 instead of $66). Of course, you can still send John a check for $66 to renew.
August 02 2014 | Announcements and WBCCI | No Comments »
Our Membership Chairman is John DiBella. John wears a few hats, he is also our Treasurer.
If you happen to meet up with John in your travels be sure to congratulate him on a job well done.
Anyone who wants to inquire about joining the WDCU or has questions about membership should now contact John DeBella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 09 2010 | Members and Miscellaneous | No Comments »
The membership renewal form is available at this link:
WDCU Membership Form
Our unit dues are still the same ($1), but you have to be a member of the main club to be a member of the unit. Our unit dues are much lower than you would pay if you were not a member of a unit ($20). If you are not a member of a unit, you are called a “member at large” and will pay an extra $19 for a priviledge! Instructions for completing the form can be found here.
January 06 2010 | Members and Miscellaneous | No Comments »
We have updated our WDCU brochure. If you would like, you can print one or two up and distribute them to propective members. It’s a good idea to print up a few so you can have some with you when you are out traveling. On one side, is a brief discription of the unit, and on the other side there is a membership application. After you open the following link, you can print the brochure on one sheet of paper. This is a two-sided document. First print page 1 on one side of the sheet, and then print page 2 on the other side.
July 09 2009 | Members and Miscellaneous | No Comments »
Don’t miss the Photos. You can find this page by looking on the menu list on the right side of your screen. We are always looking for links to photos and video of WDCU events past and present. Check our new photo archive site. You can find a number of old photos and some videos. Click on the tabs for photo and video.
Several of our members have their own photo websites or blogs that have great pictures. We would like to add those links to our website so that we all may enjoy them. So if you have pictures on the web, or you simply have pictures you would like to offer for upload on our site please contact the webmaster.
January 06 2009 | Miscellaneous | No Comments »